Here's what they're saying...
"Boris' ACAAB (and the ACAAN described in the same book) is a marvel of ingenuity; it is simple, direct, very effective, the conditions are idyllic, and it works as well on stage as in stand-up or even cocktail conditions." Vincent Hedan
"Another superbly thought out and ingenious Boris Wild product. Stop looking for the ACAAN 'Holy Grail' and start performing this." Jon Allen
In this brand new book, Boris offers you his amazing version of this mythical routine. Here is the effect:
A prediction deck is introduced before anything starts and remains in the card case until the end.
A first spectator freely names any number: his birthday or a number from 1 to 52 depending on the variation you perform. He can say any number. No restrictions. No force or equivoque. Totally free choice.
A second spectator freely names any playing card from a deck of fifty-two. No restrictions. No force or equivoque. Totally free choice.
A third spectator takes the prediction deck out of the case and counts down to the named number by turning the cards face up one by one. The freely named card is in the position of to the freely named number! It is as simple and direct as that!
The performer does not touch the cards. He does not even open the card case. The spectator does everything. The card is always revealed at the exact named number...
Note: In his constant care of giving sense to his routines and emotionally involving the spectators, Boris asks for a number corresponding to the birthday of the spectator but any number from 1 to 52 can be named without any restriction.
The book explains it all: working of the routine, set-up, performance, reset, additional ideas, tips, subtleties, etc.
All the details are clearly reviewed with many photos to make this "Any Card At Any Number" effect accessible to everyone.
It is one of Boris Wild's best kept secrets and it is now available so you can learn it too and perform this amazing routine.
- The spectators are chosen at random. No stooges or even "instant stooges".
- No pre-show. No assistant required.
- The prediction deck is introduced before the effect starts and remains in its card case until the end in a safe place which has been checked by a spectator.
- The first spectator can really name any number (either his birthday or a number from 1 to 52). His choice is totally free.
- The second spectator can really name any playing card. His choice is totally free.
- The performer never touches the cards of the prediction deck. He does not even open the card case. The third spectator does everything: he counts the cards himself by turning them face up one by one until the named number.
- The named card is always revealed in the exact position of the named number.
- No special conditions required. No table needed. Can be performed anywhere: stage, stand up, close-up and even walk around.
- No sleights. The routine can be performed by anybody even if they never do card tricks.
- No memorized deck or mnemonic work. No formulas or sequences to remember. No mental calculations to learn.
- No rough and smooth. No sticky cards. No short cards. The cards can be freely handled by the spectator. They are normal as you use your own cards.
- Can be repeated as many times as you want with a different number and a different card each time.
- No multiple scenarios affecting the presentation which becomes more or less clean depending on the choices.
- Resets in a few seconds.
A few reactions from customers who ordered ACAAB:
"I find your version remarkable and this little book is a marvel." (M.C.)
"Thank you Boris Wild, it's fabulous, great magic!" (D.B.)
"The book is really brilliant: cover, binding, paper, photo... and contents!" (P.T.)
"What a wonderful idea! This is the perfect ACAAN." (T.N.)