For 25 years, Mark Leveridge has been a professional magician earning his living by performing, lecturing and selling his exclusive creations to the magic world through his business, Mark Leveridge Magic. Every single year during that time, Mark has produced a range of new, original ideas and products and so has amassed a solid body of work covering close-up, stand-up, mentalism and even children's effects. Because Mark is a performer, his magic usually has a commercial bias and his routines and methods are designed to be practical and workable. The effects on these DVDs reflect Mark's approach and attempt to provide all viewers with magic which they will genuinely enjoy and use in the deck with a red back!
One of Mark's very first inventions was a cleverly gimmicked envelope which looked totally normal and yet which could produce, vanish or switch anything that would fit inside. The Leveridge Envelope has since been adapted for a whole range of magic effects, and its cunning secret you will learn as part of this DVD. But that isn't all, because over the years, Mark has made something of a feature of his work with envelopes and has come up with a number of other great innocent looking gimmicks. The Utility Switch Envelope is a small wage-type envelope which is extremely versatile and that too is revealed here for the first time on DVD. This is a fascinating collection of routines in which envelopes play a secret part - it'll open up a whole range of new possibilities for you.
1. THE INVISIBLE DECK ROUTINE - There really is no deck! An invisible card freely named by a spectator is slipped into an examined and signed envelope and moments later, a real card matching the one named is removed from the same envelope. A wonderful stand-up routine.
2. THREE-CARD TRICKY - A different take on the three card trick in which the performer claims to be able to remove a Queen which is trapped between two indifferent cards and sealed in an envelope. He does succeed but in a far more surprising way than expected!
3. CREDIT TRANSFER - An unusual trick which combines mentalism and magic. A borrowed credit card in an envelope is dropped into a book to mark a page selected by a spectator. A second book is shown to have an envelope marking the very same page - and then turns out to have the actual borrowed credit card inside it!
4. PRE-VIEW - A card is genuinely freely chosen and slipped sight unseen into an envelope. A second card is then selected and shown before being lost in the deck. Yet, immediately, the second card is shown to have vanished from the deck and turns out to be the very card previously removed and placed in the envelope! Wow!
5. LOCATOR - A spectator writes any number from 1 to 52 on the back of a business card which is slipped into an envelope unseen. The performer writes a prediction on another card and puts that into the envelope too. The predicted card is revealed to be actually lying at the spectator's number in the deck!
6. CUT AND RESTORED CARD - A single card is slipped into an envelope just big enough to hold it. The envelope is sealed and shown all round. The performer then cuts through the envelope, yet the card is removed totally unharmed leaving the envelope in two pieces. Great, practical method.